Wednesday, February 11, 2026

Mise-en-scene (lighting)

 Mise- en-scene Focusing on Lighting

Hi Cambridge peeeppss! For todays blog, I'll be focusing on how I'll be incorporating mise-en-scene through the use of lighting in my project! Since my movie intro begins in a therapist office, I wanna use lightning that is very cool toned to give off the vibes that something is wrong because instead of feeling comfort in a therapy room like most do, I want to give off the opposite vibe of discomfort.


-This is a great example because even all the walls are white and not much is going on for the characters to focus on, and that's my goal. 
-The main goal is for the characters to seem uncomfortable and unsettled. 

I plan on recording my film introduction in a modern house to give off that eerie materialistic vibe. For example:


-Using this lighting will allow me to execute my film to have the exact vibe i want it to give off, which is eerie. 

-It's funny to me because the whole thing is ironic since a big modern house at night all alone can't be too scary, or can it? It looks so comforting so how is that even a possibility?


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR and Film Opening submission!

  Finally, we've made it! These are my final submissions! What a bittersweet feeling.  CCR Questions 3 and 4 : https://drive.google.com/...