Tuesday, February 10, 2026

Mise-en-scene (props & set)

 Mise-en-scene Focusing on Props and Set

Hi blog! On today's post, I'll be focusing primarily on the mise-en-scene of props and set for my film intro. I plan on recording the intro at a very modern house to make it seem more eerie and up to date. I'll either use my house or my neighbors house. For reference, my house has white and black colored walls and marble floors, adding to the modern feeling. For the therapy session, I plan on using a plain color walled and tight room so like it builds up tension in between the main character and the therapist. I want the therapy room to look very uncomfortable and i hope I'll be able to achieve this with the use of props. For the therapy session, I plan on using a clip board sort of thing for the therapist to be jotting down the main characters symptoms, something similar to this below! :



For the other scenes, I have many props too. For example, in the scene where she is taking her daily dose of medication for her mental illness, I'll need a few pill bottles as props, preferably 7 bottles (one for every day). I want to have them all lined up in order of day to show perfection, just how my main character likes it. The pill bottles symbolizes her mental health problems and her want to be rid of them. I'm not completely sure if I want to do pill bottles or use a pill organizer, here are my two options:

A pill organizer or,


The actual pill bottles


I also want to use the bowl and the spoon for her dinner because she's eating cereal. The spoon is extremely important as it disappears to re-appear "in her imagination" from the bowl of cereal to her door step and back to her bowl. The spoon symbolizes specifically what is wrong with her, as it shows signs of her hallucinating. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I want to alter the spoon in a way after it reappears to indicate that it really was outside and she's not just imagining it. For example:










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR and Film Opening submission!

  Finally, we've made it! These are my final submissions! What a bittersweet feeling.  CCR Questions 3 and 4 : https://drive.google.com/...