Thursday, February 19, 2026

FOLEY SOUNDS!

 Hey Cambridge people! I hope you guys are having a great day! For my project, I want to make sure to realllllyyy emphasize my sounds but specifically my diegetic ones. I want them to be loud and messy, kinda like to remind viewers that my film opening is gonna be very psychological and very much " in her head". 


For the scene in the therapists office:

-Scratching of the pen against the paper 


-Chair fabric creaking when she shifts

-Clock ticking slightly off rhythm

-Paper rustling louder than it should

-Swallowing

* I wanna make sure the pen is the loudest thing in the room to kind of in a way show judgment 

Back at her house:

-Rattling pil organizer

-Refrigerator sounds : 






-Spoon clinking echoing

-Cereal hitting bowl:


-TV faintly playing in background 

-Milk pouring overpowering everything else 

-Watching TV, spoon clinking loud as she eats 

-"You weren’t supposed to hear that" comes from TV

-Sudden static crackle

Door scene:

-Doorbell rings loudly behind the static

-Loud wind 

-Spoon from cereal sits on her doormat

Back inside:

-Static is louder 

-Spoon scraping when she touches it

-Remote buttons clicking rapidly

-TV powering off (loud button click and abrupt TV turning off)

-Phone keypad tones

- Phone ringing lightly 

-Fabric rustle as she presses phone to ear

-Cut to black on the ringing tone 


IM SO EXCITED to get to execute my idea fully!! I plan on starting filming next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR and Film Opening submission!

  Finally, we've made it! These are my final submissions! What a bittersweet feeling.  CCR Questions 3 and 4 : https://drive.google.com/...